Every day we try to make life better for people living with epilepsy and this is made possible because of the support of people like you. The Epilepsy Foundation encourages the community to get involved with fundraising so people living with epilepsy don’t have to go it alone.
By shopping at an Epilepsy Foundation Op Shop, holding fundraising and community awareness events or simply by giving a donation, you are helping us to directly support people living with epilepsy.
You can donate through our website or call 1300 437 453 or 03 8809 0655 – please give what you can.
Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
EPILEPSY CHAMPIONS CLUB
MAKE A BEQUEST
IN MEMORY GIVING
Workplace giving or payroll deductions are a simple and effective way for employees to donate regularly…Read More
Become an Epilepsy Foundation Business Partner and join an important group of Australian businesses…Read More
Epilepsy Champions Club
The Epilepsy Champions Club is a regular giving program that provides the option of pre-authorised payments made weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or even yearly.
Many donors believe in our work but their circumstances don’t allow them to make a gift as large as they would like to make. Regular giving can really change this and if you think about the possibilities it can be a very powerful option.
Think of what just $1 per day could do – a monthly donation of $31 is an incredible gift of $372 per year!
This not only helps you include gift giving into your long-term financial strategy, but also allows the Epilepsy Foundation to plan ahead and maximise the impact of your donations.
For further information on the Epilepsy Champions Club, please all the Epilepsy Foundation on 1300 437 453 or 03 8809 0655.
Make a Bequest
Your Will can help change people’s lives. Including a bequest in your Will is one of the most special and powerful things you can do in your lifetime.
Bequests help ensure the long-term financial viability of the Foundation. No matter how big or small, your bequest will make a big difference and help to transform lives.
For a copy of our bequest booklet please enter your details below.
Alternatively, please contact Helen Smith on 03 8809 0664 or email Helen.
Wording your Will
Download the correct wording to use when you include the Epilepsy Foundation in your Will here.
In Memory Giving
When someone close to us dies, we experience grief, sadness and, ultimately, an appreciation of all memories we have of that special person.
An In Memory donation to the Epilepsy Foundation is a special way to remember someone, at the same time help give hope and life to those who remain.
There are a number of ways in which you can make an In Memory donation:
- Letter Expressing Condolences and Appreciation – The next of kin or nearest family member of the person who has died is sent a letter expressing condolences with special thanks to the names of all those who kindly made memorial donations (the dollar amount is not mentioned).
- Receipts for All – Everyone who makes a memorial donation is sent a letter of thanks and receipt, which can be used for tax purposes, if required.
- Special Envelope – Most Funeral Directors have a supply of Epilepsy Foundation In Memory envelopes or have another collection facility, for use when memorial donations are requested by the family at a funeral.
To make a donation In Memory of a loved one
Here’s how you can make a donation direct to the Epilepsy Foundation:
- Online: Donate online through our secure server
- Telephone: Please call on 1300 437 453 or 03 8809 0655.
- Mail: Please send a cheque/money order/credit card details by post to Epilepsy Foundation, Reply Paid 69422, Surrey Hills VIC 3127 and include the following details:
- Your name and address (so that we can provide you with a receipt)
The name and address of the person who has died
The name and address of the next of kin or nearest family member (so that we can inform them of your kind memorial donation, without mentioning the dollar amount).
- Download the In Memory Donation Form here to print and fill out
Celebration Host/Guest of Honour
Instead of receiving presents for your birthday, anniversary or wedding, you could ask family and friends to make a donation to support the work of the Epilepsy Foundation. It is a nice positive way to celebrate a special occasion by giving those living with epilepsy the chance of a better life.
If you would like Celebration envelopes to put into party invitations or to make available on the day we can supply them free of charge. Call us on 1300 437 453 or 03 8809 0655.
When you give a donation in lieu of presents, we will let the guest of honour know you have given a gift.
A Letter Expressing Appreciation will be sent to the Host / Guest of Honour along with the names of all those who kindly made celebration donations (the dollar amount is not mentioned).
Receipts for All – Everyone who makes a celebration donation is sent a letter of thanks and receipt, which can be used for tax purposes.
The thought of raising money can be a daunting prospect but don’t forget the fundraising team at the Epilepsy Foundation is here to help you every step of the way. Here are a number of suggestions to keep in mind as you start your fundraising activities.
A few popular ideas:
- Bad shirt / tie / hat / casual dress day
- Morning tea or luncheon
- Start baking and have a cake stall at a local market or event
- Organise workmates to support your community fundraising event
- Gold coin collection
Fundraising activities – things to remember:
- You must provide the Epilepsy Foundation with a clear description of the nature, extent and duration of each activity and obtain written permission from the Epilepsy Foundation to carry out fundraising activities (contact the Epilepsy Foundation for the easy-to-follow forms to do this)
- You will need to prepare a budget for each activity (contact the Epilepsy Foundation for a sample budget)
- You will need to provide information to the Epilepsy Foundation about the groups or individuals assisting you with your fundraising
- You can use the name and logo of the Epilepsy Foundation for your fundraising activities once approved by the Epilepsy Foundation
- You must clearly state that all funds raised will be forwarded to the Epilepsy Foundation
- You must issue an official receipt for all donations and record full details of the names and addresses of the donors. (The Epilepsy Foundation will supply an official receipt book.) This information will then need to be supplied to the Epilepsy Foundation, which will then send follow-up letters confirming the donation directly to the donor.
For further information on how to fundraise or how you can support an event, please call the foundation on 1300 437 453 or 03 8809 0655.
Go Purple on 26 March each year and help spread awareness of epilepsy! Purple Day is dedicated to increasing awareness about epilepsy worldwide. Each year, people from around the globe are asked to spread the word about epilepsy by wearing purple.
Epilepsy Australia is the official Australian partner of Purple Day and has joined up with other epilepsy organisations from across the globe including Canada, USA, UK and South Africa to make Purple Day even bigger. The Epilepsy Foundation is the NSW & VIC member of Epilepsy Australia and is proud to have the official role of promoting Purple Day here in Australia.
For more information or to donate please visit our official Purple Day website.
Workplace giving or payroll deductions are a simple and effective way for employees to donate regularly. Your donation is deducted from your salary and is sent to the Foundation by your employer through the Charities Aid Foundation’s new state-of-the-art workplace giving platform, Good2Give. All donations made in this way are tax deductible.
If you are an employer and are thinking of setting up a workplace giving program in your organisation, we can help. Please contact us by calling 1300 437 453 or 03 8809 0655
Epilepsy Foundation Business Partners
Become an Epilepsy Foundation Business Partner and join an important group of Australian businesses changing the lives of people living with epilepsy.
As an Epilepsy Foundation Business Partner we will provide you with the resources to engage your staff and your customers to show your community you’re giving back.
We have been privileged to have worked with a number of businesses of all sizes. Our partnerships have produced great benefits to both people living with epilepsy and the businesses themselves.
Our business partners include:
To find out more contact Epilepsy Foundation on 1300 437 453 or 03 8809 0655.