When considering safety in the home it’s a good idea to think about other appliances and devices which could compromise your safety. These include:
- Making ironing safer by using a cordless iron which switches off after a set time, or try and use a tumble dryer if possible.
- Ensuring that the battery in your smoke alarm is charged annually.
- Keeping AEDs out of reach of children.
- Avoiding use of ladders, or climbing heights, particularly if your seizures are not well controlled.
- Consider using safety gates, such as the ones used to prevent children from accessing dangerous areas, at the stop of stairs.